TRIO Student Support Services
Our promise is simple – leading you to complete a bachelor’s degree. TRIO Student Support Services serves first-generation college students at Purdue Northwest.
As first-generation students, we have to figure it out and put the pieces together. I always tell myself ‘don’t let yourself down,’ because then how will you get to where you want to be?
How to Join
Fill out the TRIO application linked below. If you meet the criteria, we will schedule an appointment to learn about you and your academic and career ambitions.
Eligible students must be enrolled at Purdue Northwest, be a US citizen or legal permanent resident, and intend to graduate from PNW. In addition, if you can answer “yes” to one of the questions below, great news, you are eligible to apply!
- Will you earn a bachelor’s degree before both of your parents?
- Were you awarded state or federal grants? (i.e. 21st Century Scholar, Frank O’Bannon, Pell)
- Have you requested accommodations from the Disability Access Center?
Our services emphasize academic excellence, financial literacy, cultural awareness, and life-long learning. There is no cost or fee associated with the program.
- Tutoring, including tutoring online or with a one-on-one peer in a variety of subjects
- Timely assistance with selecting classes, preparing for advising meetings and reviewing academic progress
- Financial aid and scholarship support to reduce loan debt
- Academic and graduate school coaching
- Flex your time management, organization, study strategies, and even your budgeting skills
- Join us as we explore museums, theaters, and other events recommended by you
- Expand your networks by attending research and leadership conferences that pivot you towards personal and career success
PNW Joins National Recognition of First-Generation College Students
In honor of the National First-Generation College Celebration, meet some of your first-generation PNW classmates!
Meet our Staff
Assistant Vice Chancellor of Educational Opportunity Programs
Westville, Schwarz 38
Hammond, CLO 176