Faculty Senate Agenda August 28, 2020
August 21, 2020
Purdue Northwest Faculty Senate
August 28, 2020, via Zoom
- Determination of quorum.
- Call to order.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from May 8, 2020.
- Report the results of the election of Vice-Chair (A. Mitra)
- Remarks by the Senate Chair (L. Pelter).
- Remarks by the Chancellor (T. Keon)
- Memorial for David Raden presented by Prof. Ralph Cherry
- Memorial for Milan Dakich presented by Prof. Neil Nemeth
- New Business For Action:
- FSD 20-02 Approval of the Membership of the Standing Committees of the Senate (A. Elmendorf)
- FSD passed by executive committee over the summer for confirmation:
- Discussion Items:
- FSD 20-01 Bylaw change of Chair’s term. (L. Pelter)
- FSD 20-03 Emergency revisions to P&T process (O. Farook)
- FSD 20-04 Faculty control of their course syllabus (C. Deleon)
- CES and College of Technology merger
- For Information:
- FSD 20-05 Senate Representation for departments/schools with reduced number of faculty (A. Elmendorf)
- PNW Gen Ed Task Force (D. Pratt)
- Fall Enrollment and Budget (K. Scipes)
- Remarks by the SGA President (O. White)
- Open discussion (as time permits).
Committee room assignments: cyberspace.