You are Our Partner:
The Career Center at Purdue University Northwest offers a variety of resources and opportunities for employers, including our Corporate Partnership Program. We look forward to partnering with you to maximize your recruitment efforts and our goal is to increase the number of Purdue University Northwest hires within your organization. The Career Center serves students and alumni of Purdue University, regardless of their campus affiliation.
Policies Regarding Employer Practices
The Career Center has developed the following policies to ensure that Purdue University Northwest students and alumni are treated fairly and are being recruited for viable positions. The Career Center reserves the right to deny recruiting privileges (resume drops, on campus interviewing, career fairs, etc.) to any organization. Please see our Policy Page.
Posting Jobs & Internships
There are several effective ways for your organization to recruit Purdue University Northwest students and alumni. We recommend utilizing a variety of strategies to accomplish your recruiting needs. Below is an explanation of each:
Online Job & Internship Listings
The Career Center is part of the Handshake Network. Handshake is an online career management system that provides an easy and cost effective way for businesses/organizations to link to academically talented Purdue University Northwest students and alumni. Employers who would like to list open positions for Purdue University Northwest candidates must do so through the system. The listings are available online 24 hours a day to Purdue University Northwest students and alumni. When you post your open employment opportunity, you may choose to have candidates apply externally through your own applicant tracking system, or you may have the candidates apply within your Handshake account. There is no charge to post and you can list as many postings as you would like. The Career Center staff will review all postings for approval prior to their posting.
In order to post a job/internship, you must register on the Pride Career Network, please follow these steps to register:
- To register on PNW Handshake. You may create an account, or if you are already a member of the Handshake Network, please search for the Purdue University Northwest university profile. Make sure that you create a company profile, as this information is critical to job seekers. Request to post jobs and internships to our campus. Note: All employer profiles will be put into a pending status until reviewed and approved by your assigned Career Center staff member. Reviews of employer accounts can take 3 to 5 business days. Purdue University Northwest reserves the right to decline requests for recruiting accounts.
- Post Your Job or Internship. New employers must wait for approval from the University to join our network. Once your account has been approved, you may post your job or internship. If you already have a job on the network that has expired, you may duplicate your job posting by following these steps. Note: All jobs and internships will be put into a pending status until reviewed and approved by a Career Consultant. Please see our Internship Services section for more information on that process.
- Once you have posted your job online, it will be placed in a “holding bin” to be reviewed by a Career Center staff member within 24-48 hours. If approved, your job will be immediately available for students/alumni to view. If it is not approved, we will notify you of the reason.
On Campus Interviewing/Recruitment
Want to increase your presence on our campus? On campus recruitment is another method that you can use increase your talent pool of qualified candidates. Purdue University Northwest’s Career Center offers the following On Campus Recruiting programs:
- Self-Scheduled: Employers may schedule an information session that is connected to a career fair and/or student organization. Self-scheduling requires coordination at least 30 days advance notification. Most employers find success in self-scheduling a few weeks after an event.
- Pre-Select: Employers may posts jobs for free on our campus job board and pre-select candidates to whom they wish to interview. The Career Center will set up the interview schedule for you, and you may conduct your interviews on campus or at your employment site.
- Open Schedule: Employers may post a job and have students immediately sign up for an interview.
On campus recruitment programs are free of charge to an employer. We have found that employers that have the most success recruiting on our campus start early and coordinate their recruitment efforts with our office. Employers interested in On Campus Recruitment may contact the Career Center to set up their schedule, or they may go online to complete their request(s).
Click Here to submit an on campus request for the Northwest Campus.
Your Career Center Employer Liaison Contacts
|Employer Liaison||Company Name by Alpha||Phone|
|Natalie Connors||Employers A through E||(219)989-2418||Natalie.Connors@pnw.edu|
|Katelyn Caragher||Employers F through K||(219) 989-2529||Katelyn.Caragher@pnw.edu|
|Amber Strickland||Employers L through P||(219) 989-2243||Amber.Strickland@pnw.edu|
|Zachary Jones||Employers Q through U||(219) 785-5313||Zachary.Jones@pnw.edu|
|Kristy Steiner||Employers V through Z||(219) 989-2566||Kristy.Steiner@pnw.edu|
|Your Employer Liaison
|On Campus Recruitment Activities & Scheduled Resume Drop|