For The Community
PNW testing centers offer numerous exams for our community members. We also offer exam proctoring for non-Purdue students in a comfortable and secure setting.
We’re happy to help with any questions on community-based tests.
Community Tests and Pricing
|PROV Exams||Covered During Registration|
|Scranton Exams||Covered During Registration|
CLEP exams evaluate non-traditional college-level education, such as independent study, correspondence work, experiential learning or credit earned at a non-regionally accredited institution. If successfully passed, this 90-minute, computerized exam allows students to receive college credit in a particular course.
CLEP credit may be established by taking the subject matter examinations shown and having an official score report sent with the qualifying exam and score to the Office of Admissions. See a complete listing of CLEP Scores/Equivalencies.
- The fee for all CLEP exams is $89, paid to College Board upon registration. Remember to bring your CLEP Registration Ticket on the day of the exam
- There is also a separate $25 non-refundable service fee in cash or check form
Any questions regarding My Account or the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket can be referred to CLEP Services at (800) 257-9558, (609) 771-7865, or email@example.com.
The testing center administers the third-party PROV exams. Please register direct here.
The Purdue University Northwest Hammond campus testing center is a certified test center for many types of exams. We can administer PROV, Castle Worldwide/ACE, OPI language and ServSafe exams. All registrations for these types of exams is completed with the respective testing companies.
The testing center administers the third-party Scranton exams. Please register direct here.
Scantron provides testing and training design, development and delivery services to certification and licensure organizations, corporations, educational institutions, government agencies and trade and professional associations.
- Appointments are required. Fill out the Proctor Request Form and then call or email our Hammond or Westville locations to schedule your exam.
- Students must notify their institution that they want to take a proctored exam at PNW. Some institutions require a form to be completed by the proctor; others require web registration.
- We will contact your college/university, professor or placement testing office to complete their specific proctor-assignment process.
- Photo ID is required at the time of the exam
- There is a $25.00 charge per exam for non-Purdue students, due via cash or check form. (Purdue students include students enrolled at PNW, PFW, IUPUI, Purdue Global and Purdue West Lafayette).
- All fees for proctored testing can be paid on your test date. Visit us to receive a test payment form. A receipt will be attached to your form upon payment.
Purdue University Northwest has testing centers on both campuses to serve the testing needs of our students, faculty and community.
Our testing centers serve as secure locations for exam administration. We ask that you adhere to general policies when testing.
From placement tests to make-up exams, explore the range of tests and services offered for students at PNW’s Testing Services Centers.