Welcome to the Purdue University Northwest College of Business, located in the dynamic Northwest Indiana and greater Chicago business communities!
Our college is focused on providing our students with educational experiences that help them grow and develop the skills and abilities needed to achieve their personal and career goals.
We do this by:
- Maintaining an excellent team of faculty and staff who represent a diverse blend of scholars and distinguished business professionals who bring real-world experience to the classroom.
- Utilizing our location in the Northwest Indiana/Chicago corridor, which serves as an active learning laboratory for our students.
- Offering a wide variety of academic programs that are both intellectually challenging and reflective of recent trends locally, regionally, nationally, and globally.
Please explore our website and our campuses to learn more about us. We look forward to meeting you.
Rachel Clapp-Smith, Ph.D.
Teddy Jacobi Dean of Purdue University Northwest’s College of Business
The White Lodging School of Hospitality and Tourism Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration, ACPHA.
The College of Business has received accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB, for the following programs.
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business with a major in:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science Business with a major in:
- Business Analytics
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
College of Business Faculty
Our engaged and dedicated faculty, many of whom remain working in their areas of expertise, will lead you from the classroom to a career with innovative and challenging learning experiences.
Dean’s Advisory Board
The College of Business Advisory Board consists of high-caliber individuals selected for their exceptional stature in the business community: senior executives, successful entrepreneurs, and entrepreneurial academicians and/or for their representation of important groups of stakeholders: alumni, business community, and students.
All members are linked by their commitment to the missions of PNW and the college and by their earnest desire to promote the success of Purdue University Northwest’s College of Business.
- Developing strategic plans and goals
- Providing assistance in pursuing accreditation with AACSB International
- Communicating the needs and requirements of the business community to ensure that students develop the skills, talents and personal attitude essential for success
- Giving feedback on program relevance for business organizations in the future
- Assisting the college in securing resources to support its mission and vision
- Acting as change agent working with academic stakeholders to consider the dynamic environment in which business stakeholders operate
- Joe Bader, Federal Signal, VP General Manager Public Safety Systems
- Keith Blue, Transload Group, Executive VP/Partner
- Rick Calinski, NIPSCO, Public Affairs Manager
- Anthony Contrucci, Centier Bank, VP of Business & Community Development
- Derek Duhon, Centier Bank, Senior VP Chief Credit Officer & Senior VP Risk Management
- Lorri Feldt, Indiana Small Business Development Center, Regional Director SBDC
- Pamela Hedrick, Community Foundation of NWI, Financial Reporting & Systems Manager
- Adam Hutsler, White Lodging, VP Business Intelligence
- Dimitri Kourkovis, Athens Construction, President, Chair
- Dawn Reynolds, Horseshoe Casino, Regional VP of HR
- Anne Shapiro, Land O’ Frost, Inc, Corporate Controller
- Jeff Strack, Strack and Van Til, CEO
- Peymon Torabi, Peoples Bank, SVP and Controller
- Dwayne Walker, Chicagoland Popcorn, Owner/Entrepreneur
- Raida Abuizam, PNW, Associate Dean of Accreditation, Assessment and Graduate Studies
- Kuan-Chou Chen, PNW, Thomas M. McDermott Sr. Professor in Economic Development
- Paolo Miranda, PNW, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- Godwin-Charles Ogbeide, PNW, Professor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Rachel Smith, PNW, Interim Dean, College of Business
- Lin Zhao, PNW, Department Head – Quantitative Business Studies
- Matthew Hanson, PNW, Clinical Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Matt Wells, PNW, COB Partnerships
Student Advisory Council
The purpose of the dean’s Student Advisory Council is to advise the dean and the associate dean on all matters related to the student body. This includes but is not limited to class scheduling, instructional methods, quality of classroom teaching, faculty availability, enrollment management, retention and student morale.
The SAC will be reorganizing.