Welcome to the Purdue University Northwest College of Business, located in the dynamic Northwest Indiana and greater Chicago business communities!
Our college is focused on providing our students with educational experiences that help them grow and develop the skills and abilities needed to achieve their personal and career goals.
We do this by:
- Maintaining an excellent team of faculty and staff who represent a diverse blend of scholars and distinguished business professionals who bring real-world experience to the classroom.
- Utilizing our location in the Northwest Indiana/Chicago corridor, which serves as an active learning laboratory for our students.
- Offering a wide variety of academic programs that are both intellectually challenging and reflective of recent trends locally, regionally, nationally, and globally.
Please explore our website and our campuses to learn more about us. We look forward to meeting you.
Rachel Clapp-Smith, Ph.D.
Teddy Jacobi Dean of Purdue University Northwest’s College of Business
The White Lodging School of Hospitality and Tourism Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration, ACPHA.
The College of Business has received accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB, for the following programs.
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business with a major in:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science Business with a major in:
- Business Analytics
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
College of Business Faculty
Our engaged and dedicated faculty, many of whom remain working in their areas of expertise, will lead you from the classroom to a career with innovative and challenging learning experiences.
Dean’s Advisory Board
The College of Business Advisory Board consists of high-caliber individuals selected for their exceptional stature in the business community: senior executives, successful entrepreneurs, and entrepreneurial academicians and/or for their representation of important groups of stakeholders: alumni, business community, and students.
All members are linked by their commitment to the missions of PNW and the college and by their earnest desire to promote the success of Purdue University Northwest’s College of Business.
- Developing strategic plans and goals
- Providing assistance in pursuing accreditation with AACSB International
- Communicating the needs and requirements of the business community to ensure that students develop the skills, talents and personal attitude essential for success
- Giving feedback on program relevance for business organizations in the future
- Assisting the college in securing resources to support its mission and vision
- Acting as change agent working with academic stakeholders to consider the dynamic environment in which business stakeholders operate
- Keith Blue, Transload Group, Executive VP/Partner
- Rick Calinski, NIPSCO, Director, Public Affairs and Economic Development
- Anthony Contrucci, Centier Bank, President, First Bancshares & Executive Officer
- Kenneth Giden, Microsoft
- Estanislao Herrera Jr., Newly Weds Foods, Director of Corporate Engineering
- Adam Hutsler, White Lodging, VP Business Intelligence
- Preston Jones, Nova Southeastern University, Former Dean
- Rebecca Knoll, Van Drunen Farms, Director of HR Operations
- Jennifer McCloud, Cleveland Cliffs, Talent Acquisition
- Brandon McConnell, Delavan Lake Management LLC, Corporate Executive
- Meredith Mohlke, Purdue for Life Foundation, Director of Development, Planned Giving
- Jane Mutchler, Purdue University Northwest, Dean Emeritus
- Pamela Pokropinski, Community Foundation of NWI, Financial Reporting & Systems Manager
- Jeff Strack, Strack and Van Til, CEO
- Peymon Torabi, Peoples Bank, SVP and Controller
- Rachel Smith, PNW, Teddy Jacobi Dean, College of Business
- Paolo Miranda, PNW, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- Arifin Angriawan, PNW, Chair of Department of Managerial Studies
- Matthew Hanson, PNW, Clinical Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Deanna Hardwick, PNW, Director of Development
- Samantha Horn, PNW, Corporate Relations & Connections Manager
- Khalia Phillips, PNW, Senior Administrative Assistant to the Dean
Student Advisory Council
The purpose of the dean’s Student Advisory Council is to advise the dean and the associate dean on all matters related to the student body. This includes but is not limited to class scheduling, instructional methods, quality of classroom teaching, faculty availability, enrollment management, retention and student morale.
The SAC will be reorganizing.