Your vote counts!
Purdue University Northwest encourages students to get involved in deciding who will represent them in local, state, and federal government. Since the state of Indiana requires voter registration, we are providing the following information to students who may need to register.
Criteria to Vote in Indiana
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old on the day of the next general or municipal election.
- Have lived in your Indiana precinct for at least 30 days before the next election.
- Not currently imprisoned after being convicted of a crime.
- Registered to vote by the deadline.
Find Your Indiana Form
In Indiana you can register to vote by mail or online.
- Register to vote by mail with an Indiana Voter Registration Application – directions include where to mail the form based on your county of residence.
- Register to vote online – you can also check your voting status, find your polling location and hours, a link to Absentee Ballots, and more resources for voting in Indiana.
TIP: To complete your voter registration, you will need a valid Indiana Driver’s License or Indiana State Identification card as well as a document that shows proof of residency. The form provides a list of acceptable documents.
State of Indiana Deadline
Your voter registration must be received by the Indiana County Voter Registration Office at least 29 days before the next election date.
Once your application is received and your eligibility approved, you will receive a voter registration acknowledgment card in the mail. You are ready to vote in Indiana!
Residents of Other States
For out-of-state students, go to Vote.gov and choose your state to find links on how to vote and the registration deadlines for that state.