myPNW Proxy Access
Students, see how you can authorize another person, such as a parent or guardian, to view your student information in Self-Service Banner.
For the Student
Individuals granted proxy access by you, the student, will have the ability to view your information, which can include financial-aid award and summary information, descriptions of holds on records, grades, unofficial transcripts and class schedules.
For added security, and to ensure the confidentiality of your information under FERPA regulations, you may provide a passphrase for a proxy to use when speaking with a PNW representative about data contained in the student-information system. A PNW staff member will only be able to discuss student information, in person or over the phone, if the proxy has provided this passphrase.
You can revoke proxy access authorizations at any time via Self-Service Banner (SSB) by removing permission from a proxy user.
Follow the steps below to grant access for another individual (proxy) to view your student information.
- Login to the myPNW portal with your username and Boiler key.
- Click on the Registration tab and select FERPA/PNW Proxy Access from the list of options in the Registration Shortcuts box.
- Confirm your information by checking the box “Check here to confirm that this information belongs to you” and click “Next”.
- Select Authorize and then “I Agree” again.
- Click on the “Return to PNW Proxy Access Menu” link at the bottom of the screen.
- Select PNW Proxy Access Management and click “Add Proxy”.
- Enter your proxy’s information–first and last names and email address–and click “Add Proxy”.
- You will need a valid email address for each proxy.
- If two people share an email address, list both names in the first name field and later indicate two people in the relationship field (example: Mom and Dad).
- Select Expand [Your Proxy’s Name] and enter information in the relationship field.
- Create a Passphrase. If your proxy needs to personally contact the university regarding any of the information that they are authorized to view, they will need the passphrase when they call.
- Start and Stop Dates default to the current date. Adjust these dates to manage when your proxy will be able to access your information.
- If the Stop Date is reached, all access will be removed.
- You can adjust Start and Stop Dates at any time on the Profile tab.
- Click on “Email Passphrase” to notify your proxy. If your proxy forgets their passphrase, you can return to PNW Proxy Access Management and resend it electronically.
- Go to the Authorizations tab and check the boxes for the information you want your proxy to see. You can adjust the types of information you give your proxy access to at any time by checking or unchecking any of these boxes. To completely remove a proxy’s access, uncheck all the boxes on this tab or modify the Stop Date on the Profile tab.
- Select “Email Authorizations” to notify your proxy of the student information that they will be able to access.
- Click “Add Proxy” if you wish to allow another person to view your student information and repeat the process to assign access.
For the Proxy
If you have been granted proxy access and have set up your account, use this link every time you wish to view your student’s information. This access does not include bill and payment information.
After the student has set up proxy access and you have received the initial email granting permission to view your student’s information, please follow the steps below to finish setting up your account. You will receive separate emails confirming your authorization to view each topic the student has granted you access to.
- In the notification email there will be a link to the proxy access system and a temporary PIN. Click the link to begin the process.
- Enter your email address and temporary PIN. On this page you will create a new PIN to use for future logins. Save your PIN.
- In the future, if you cannot remember your PIN, enter only your email address on the login screen and click Forgot PIN. An email will be sent with instructions on how to reset your PIN
3. Enter your contact information on the Profile tab and click “Save.”
4. You will now have at least two tabs on the Proxy Access Home screen – Profile and one tab for each student you have at PNW who has granted you access to their information.
5. Click the tab with a student’s name to access the topics you are authorized to view. If you have multiple students at PNW, each student chooses what information they want to share. Therefore, the list for viewing could vary between students. The University cannot adjust which topics you can see; only the student can grant access to their information.
6. From this list, click the item you wish to view. The content will display in a new window.
7. Click “Exit” in the upper right of the screen when you are done and wish to leave the system.
A passphrase is a unique code or phrase that may be assigned by the student to each proxy he/she sets up. If your student has created a passphrase, it will be emailed to you. If you need to personally contact the university with questions about any of the information you are authorized to view, you will need that passphrase when you call.
Frequently Asked Questions
myPNW Proxy: Student FAQs
A: You can give parents, legal guardians or other trusted parties access to view certain pieces of your student information online. This access is referred to as proxy access, and the person who is granted this authorization is called myPNW proxy. You control the entire process through myPNW Portal and can add anyone with a valid email address as a proxy.
A: You must log in to the myPNW Portal to create an account for the proxy. Follow the Guide for students to assign proxy access.
Once you have set up the proxy account, login information and account setup directions will be sent to the proxy’s email address. The proxy must have a valid email address in order to access the site.
A: A proxy will only see the pieces of information they have been authorized to view. You select which information pages will be viewable when you set up the account, and you can grant and remove access through the PNW Proxy Access Management page at any time. Examples of information a student may grant access to include final grades, mid-term grades, registration and class schedule. The university can’t adjust which information the proxy can see; only you, the student, can grant access to your information.
A: Yes. Proxies are identified by email address, and multiple students can assign that address as a proxy. This is particularly useful in the case of siblings who each attend PNW.
A: Yes. Each student who grants proxy access to an email address has complete control over the information that the proxy can access, including start and stop dates.
A: Ideally, no. However, if parents share an email address and you wish to grant proxy access to both using that address, you can do so. When completing the first-name field, you will enter both first names (example: Mary and David). In the relationship description field, enter “parents” or “mom and dad” so that it is clear to any administrator reviewing the permissions that this email address is for more than one person.
A: You can modify the proxy access by checking or unchecking any of the boxes in the Authorization tab. If you want to add access to a page, check the box. If you want to remove access to a page, uncheck the box.
A: You can remove proxy access in multiple ways. First, the access can be removed by unchecking all of the boxes in the Authorization tab, which removes access to the pages. Alternatively, you can change the stop date on the Profile tab to the current date. If this option is used, the proxy will no longer see your name when they log in. Lastly, if the proxy has not viewed any information you will have a button to “Delete Proxy Relationship”. This button disappears once the proxy has a viewing history.
A: No. There is no automatic notification sent to the proxy when a modification to authorization access.
A: Proxies cannot see billing information and or pay bills unless you set up your proxies as authorized users within the bill payment system. This is a separate process from myPNW Proxy Access. See detailed instructions on how to set up access for Bursar Bill and Payment Authorization.
A: A passphrase is a unique code word or phrase that you may assign to each proxy you set up. Proxies need to use their passphrases when they call university departments for assistance regarding the information they have been authorized to view. You can create a passphrase when setting up the proxy access account. University administrators will validate these passphrases and the proxy’s access before speaking with the proxy in an effort to protect your rights as a student. If the proxy has not been granted access, the information cannot be discussed.
A: Yes. Students can see how often a proxy has viewed a given information page by accessing the Authorization log. To do so, log in to the myPNW portal, click on FERPA/ PNW Proxy Access, click on PNW Proxy Access Management and then click on the proxy’s name to expand their profile. Next, click on the History tab. In this tab, a log table will list information about all actions performed for this proxy account. “Login” and “View” will be captured as actions that indicate when the proxy logged in or viewed a page. This log also captures which page the proxy viewed and the date and time of each action.
myPNW Proxy: Proxy FAQs
A: You will receive an email with instructions on how to finish setting up the account and verify your information. The email will contain a link and a temporary password. Follow the Directions for the proxy to finish setting up their account. Please note after the initial email when your account was created, as you may receive multiple notifications regarding the student information you are authorized to view.
A: You can find the link to “Proxy Access Log in” on this web page.
A: You will only see the pieces of information you have been authorized to view, such as financial-aid awards and summaries, holds, grades, unofficial transcripts and class schedules. Students select which information pages will be viewable when they set up the account and can grant and remove access through PNW Proxy Access Management at any time.
A: Administrators cannot change your permission settings. Only the student establishing proxy access can change the permissions that are granted.
A: Students have the ability to add or remove access at any time. If the student has removed your access to that information page, it will no longer appear in the list.
Alternatively, students set the “Start” and “Stop” dates for proxy access when they set up the account. If the stop date is reached, all access will be removed. If you feel you should still be able to see the pages, check with the student who set up your account. He or she can increase the “stop” date to return access.
A: The information pages that you can access as a proxy depends on the authorizations set up by each student. Since each individual student can choose what information to share with their proxy, the information available for viewing may vary.
A: You will not be able to see billing information or pay bills while logged in as a proxy user. To access billing information or pay bills, the student will need to set you up as an authorized user within the secure bill-payment system. This is separate from myPNW Proxy Access. After you are set up as an authorized user in the secure bill-payment system, you will receive an email notification when an eStatement is available.
A: A passphrase is a unique code word or phrase that may be assigned by the student to each proxy he/she sets up. This passphrase will be emailed to you. You will need to use it when you call university departments for assistance regarding the information you have been authorized to view. University administrators will validate the passphrase and your access before speaking with you in an effort to protect the rights of the students. If you have not been granted access, the information cannot be discussed.
A: Only the student who set up your account can share the passphrase with you. In the myPNW Portal, they can visit the PNW Proxy Access Management page and click the “E-mail Passphrase” link to send it to you electronically.
A: If you cannot remember your PIN, navigate to the login page, enter only your email address and click “Forgot PIN.” An email will be sent with instructions on how to reset your PIN.
A: If a proxy would like to update their email address, they need to log in to their proxy account with the current login information, enter their new email address into the email address field, and click save. The proxy will then need to use that updated email address to log into their account in the future.