|Location & Phone:||
Student Union & Library (SUL)
Library, Student, Faculty (LSF)
|Hours:||Monday – Friday, 8 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.|
The staff of the Office of the Dean of Students provides many opportunities for students through the provision of an array of services and programs as listed below. In addition, the Dean of Students supports individual student rights and upholds the Student Code of Conduct.
The Office of the Dean of Students promotes responsibility and encourages honesty, integrity, and respect among Purdue Northwest students through education, compliance with behavioral standards, and support of individual rights. To sustain this mission we are committed to:
- Working collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to create an ethical and safe environment in which scholarship may flourish
- Promoting good citizenship among students and administer conduct standards in a fair, respectful, and equitable manner
- Disseminating and interpreting University regulations and standards to students, faculty, staff, parents, and the general community
- Promoting compliance with the spirit and intent of the Bill of Student Rights and University Code of Conduct
- Serving as a resource and information agency for students, faculty, staff, parents and others concerning student rights and standards
- Guiding students toward a greater sense of personal responsibility and mature and ethical behavior that enhances the quality of the University and community environment
- Providing guidance and educational experiences to assist students in making appropriate choices concerning behavior
- Encouraging students to understand the consequences of the decisions they make and the actions they take in an attempt to help their holistic development for good citizenry
Student Advocates are located on each campus in the Office of the Dean of Students. Advocates work to address a wide variety of student needs and guide within university resources, policies and procedures. Referral to community resources can be made as necessary and appropriate.
Specialized support and advocacy is available to students who have experienced sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking.